What will you and your child find in a Music Together class? Rainbow colored falling leaves, cows sitting in the old oak tree, tyrannosaurus rex, shining stars, rockets to the moon, trains to the beach. You will hear happy village harvest dances, Korean lullabies, Cuban rain forest songs, and much much more. You'll also find drums of all sorts, bells, triangles, flutes, shakers, scrapers, kitchen instruments, scarves, stretchy dancing ribbons - instruments galore!
Music Together is friendly
In a Music Together class, up to twelve children and the
adults that love them meet for 45 minutes each week for ten weeks
to experience songs, chants, movement activities, and instrumental
jam sessions. Both adults and children sit in the circle and participate,
led by a teacher with early childhood educational and music skills.
Music Together is for everybody
You will find high energy movers and quiet observers all
intently involved in their own way in the exciting musical happenings
around them, whether it's a rousing Israeli wedding dance, or the
glorious sounds of Big Ben's bells and chimes played on resonator
bars. We create a comfortable, encouraging environment that respects
individual temperaments and learning styles.
Music Together classes provide a true family music
experience, as siblings can attend the mixed age classes together.
Moms, dads, aunts, uncles, grandparents and best buddies are all
invited to attend.
Music Together has great music
Music Together classes are taught through nine different
Song Collections, all carefully designed to provide the children
with a wide experience of different rhythms, scales, moods, styles
and instruments. They are a balanced mix of traditional material,
world music, instrumental play alongs, and original songs and chants
written for the program by its founders and others. Many parents
comment that they listen to the CDs for their own enjoyment, and
really appreciate offering their children something other than "kiddy
music." Teachers also bring in their favorite free dance or
play along music, ranging from classical to jazz.
Reprinted with permission from Julie Tanenbaum of East Bay Music Together
• Each ten-week term features a new Song Collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
• Activities include a community of children and their families and teachers sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented settings. Music is learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children .
• Classes meet once a week for 45 minutes. Fall, Winter, and Spring sessions are ten weeks. Summer session is eight weeks.
• Children participate at their own levels in mixed-age family-style classes (newborn through age 6) or in preschool settings. Parents and caregivers contribute to the enrichment of their childfs music environment\regardless of their own musical abilities. Siblings may attend together.
• Tuition for each ten-week session is 27,400 yen for the first child and 22,400 for siblings. Tuition for our eight-week Summer session is 23,400 yen for the first child and 18,400 for siblings. Included in tuition is a 1,000 yen non-refundable registration fee per family (not per child). One child registered for two classes gets the same discount as two siblings in one class.
• Infants 8 months and under by the first day of class are admitted free with a registered sibling, space permitting. If you are registering an infant sibling please include his or her name and birthdate in the "Comments" section.
• Fees include Song Collection
CD and illustrated Song Book with family activities, Parent
Education Guide, and registration.
• Two make-ups are allowed on a space-available basis. Classes must be made up in the same session in which they were missed. Make-ups must be scheduled in advance, online.